Are you considering testifying at a PCC Board of Directors meeting? Here are some tips for effectively communicating your message:
- Hone your message. Testimony is limited to 2 minutes.
- Introduce your self, and state your purpose. Example: My name is John Doe. I am a part-time biology instructor and I am here to ask you to support a fair contract.
- Share your personal story. Example: My rent has increased by 50% in the last four years. I now work three jobs spend an average of 2 hours per day commuting between them.
- Bridge to larger goals. Example: PCC relies heavily on part-time instructors who teach the majority of courses. We are on the front lines of providing equitable student success, and we can’t be effective if we are sleep-deprived, unable to afford housing, medical care, and other basic necessities.
- Specific Ask: Please invest in part-time faculty with pay parity and a meaningful COLA.