When you are hired as Faculty or an Academic Professional at Portland Community College, you are automatically covered by the labor agreements between PCC and PCCFFAP. To vote on proposed labor agreements and in union elections, you must join the Federation and officially activate your membership to enjoy additional benefits.
You’re invited to activate your membership to:
- Vote on union contracts.
- Elect union representatives and set policy.
- Use AFT Membership Benefits for discounts on insurance, mortgages, travel, and services.
- Get important alerts on issues and legislation affecting your job.
- Attend union events such as community service projects, sporting events, and family-friendly activities.
Together we are. . .
- Maintaining essential services and positions at the college.
- Gaining adequate healthcare for all employees.
- Fighting for fair salaries and benefits.
- Gaining more equitable pay and working conditions for part-time faculty.
- Improving career development for academic professionals.
- Establishing stable funding for education.