Yesterday Federation representatives signed off on a deal with the College to provide fourteen days of paid leave to cover all Faculty, APs, and Classified employees for COVID-related absences. We will have more to share about the #CovidDealNow campaign next week, but we wanted to get this good news out right away.
This policy is among the highest standards of paid COVID leave in Oregon colleges and universities. And we won it because WE FOUGHT TOGETHER – our petition signatures, our emails, our phone calls, our picketing, our presence at Board meetings, and our righteous insistence that we deserve more.
Contact your supervisor to take advantage of this new policy if any of the following situations apply to you from now onwards:
1. You are sick due to COVID or from receiving a COVID vaccination.
2. You are quarantining in accordance with public health recommendations.
3. You are caring for a child or other household member who is sick due to COVID.
4. You work on-site but the College has advised that you not come to work due to a COVID exposure or other COVID-related reason.
5. You are caring for a child because the school or child care provider is unavailable due to COVID. (This applies only to employees who are eligible for OFLA and have no other paid leave available.)
If you have any questions or encounter any delay in accessing your COVID leave, contact a Federation representative as soon as possible.
Emiliano Vega, Grievance and Contract Administration Officer for Full Time Faculty
Shirlee Geiger, Grievance and Contract Administration Officer for Part Time Faculty
Kris Fink, Grievance and Contract Administration Officer for Part Time Faculty
Michael Annus, Grievance and Contract Administration Officer for Academic Professionals
Vincent Blanco, Labor Relations Specialist
Look forward next week to a more detailed debrief of our recent COVID bargaining.