PCCFFAP is excited to announce a new Federation initiative: Take a Colleague to Coffee.
PCC is a huge institution with many divides–between campuses, types of work, and areas of specialization (among others). One of the most important things we can do as a union is bridge those divides. PCCFFAP represents all faculty (PT and FT) and all of our academic professionals.
The more we know about one another, the stronger we are as a college–and as a union. To bring us closer together, PCCFFAP is inviting you to take a colleague out to coffee, tea, or other refreshment. Use a $10 voucher, provided by PCCFFAP (more below) at any campus food service location, learn a little about a colleague–and share with us a little bit about what you learned.
We hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity, described in detail below. And if you want to go out to coffee with one of our union leaders, please write to one of our Executive Council members. We’d love to have coffee with you.
Here’s a simple way to reach out across the divides:
- Get a $10 voucher for PCC food service
- Just email our Federation Organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invite a colleague out to coffee. For example:
- Sylvanians take out a SouthEaster
- Part-Timers invite an Academic Professional
- Department Chairs invite a colleague from Workforce Development
- Ask these three questions of your co-worker:
- Tell me about your job; what does a typical week look like for you?
- What’s the best part of your job?
- What would you change about PCC if you could?
- Share a short summary with your federation leaders
- Repeat all year and build connections across PCC.
Thanks in advance for reaching out across the divide. We look forward to hearing from you!