Your FFAP and FCE Joint Bargaining Team (JBT) met with the administration team on August 22nd and 24th at the CLIMB Center. The Federations made an alternative proposal and the admin team has agreed to cost it out. The JBT is now hopeful that a framework for the contract can be agreed upon soon, even though we are still significantly apart in dollars.
The admin team also made some more funds available for the contract because of proposed FSLA regulations not being implemented at the Federal level.
Finally, new meeting dates were set:
- Monday, September 11 9am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 13 9am-pm
Interested observers are encouraged to sign up to attend the next meetings at the CLIMB Center. Observers get to provide immediate feedback to the JBT during caucuses and after the meeting. Your attendance is not only valuable as a show of solidarity, but it also helps to spread the word to your colleagues about the negotiations.
Here are some things you can do right now:
- Sign up to attend the next bargaining session right now! (The deadline to sign up for the September 11 meeting is Wednesday, September 6)
- Please Button up!
- Attend upcoming PCC Board Meetings
- Wear a Transparency T-shirt, available at the Federation office.
- Spread the word to your colleagues!
Yours in solidarity,
Acting FFAP VP of Communications, on behalf of your Joint Bargaining Team
(Frank Goulard, Allison Gross, Peter Seaman, Michael Cannarella, Shirlee Geiger, Jeff Grider, Cherie Maas-Anderson, Elisabeth Garcia Davidson)